A PID framework provides a set of commands to manage its lifecycle. As usual these commands can be called from the
build folder of the environmeny project using the native build tool (e.g.
make) or by using the
pid script directly into the wrapper folder.
If using the build tool, the project must be configured once before using CMake:
We suppose here we use the
pid script but any native build system (e.g.
ninja) can be used with same commands (these commands are then targets for the build tool and arguments are environment variables).
- build: building the framework static site using jekyll.
- serve: Looking at the resulting static web site in your web browser.
- referencing: Referencing the framework in the workspace.
- hard_clean: Hard cleaning of the framework build tree.
- update: Updating framework project from its official repository.
Building the static site
- Effect: generates the static site described by the framework using the jekyll tool.
- Example: building the framework
Output should look something like:
Looking at the resulting static site
- Effect: serve the resulting static website into a local server. Look at the output of the command to know the URL where to find this site.
- Example: go into in another terminal
The command keeps running as long as you do not kill it (Ctrl+C).
pid framework the output looks something like:
The server address is given so than you can simply see the result locally using your web browser.
Any time the
build command is used the serve will automatically regenerates the pages of the static site, you then only need to reload the pages of the web site in your web browser.
Referencing the framework in the workspace
- Effect: generates the reference file for the framework and places it in the adequate folder of the workspace. When done, the framework is known in the local workspace and will be known by all users when workspace official repository will be updated accordingly.
Cleaning the framework
- Effect: Cleaning the framework build tree in a agressive and definitive way.
Updating the framework
- Effect: Updating the framework project from its official remote repository.